1. What is the purpose of the operation?
2. Is the result accomplished by the operation necessary?
3. If so, what makes it necessary?
4. Was the operation established to correct a difficulty experienced in the final assembly?
5. If so, did it really correct it?
6. Is the operation necessary because of the improper performance of a previous operation?
7. Was the operation established to correct a condition that has since been corrected otherwise?
8. If the operation is done to improve appearance, is the added cost justified by added salability?
9. Can the purpose of the operation be accomplished better in any other way?
10. Can the supplier of the material perform the operation more economically?