The principles explain the question what is industrial engineering (IE)?
Basic Principles of Industrial Engineering
1. Develop science for each element of a man - machine system's work related to efficiency and productivity.
2. Engineer methods, processes and operations to use the laws related to the work of machines, man, materials and other resources.
3. Select or assign workmen based on predefined aptitudes for various types of man - machine work.
4. Train workmen, supervisors, and engineers in the new methods, install various modifications related to the machines that include productivity improvement devices and ensure that the expected productivity is realized.
5. Incorporate suggestions of operators, supervisors and engineers in the methods redesign on a continuous basis.
6. Plan and manage productivity at system level.
(The principles were developed on 4 June 2016 (During Birthday break of 2016 - 30 June 2016 to 7 July 2016).
The principles were developed by Narayana Rao K.V.S.S. based on principles of scientific management by F.W. Taylor) More details: Basic Principles of Industrial Engineering http://nraoiekc.blogspot.com/2016/07/basic-principles-of-industrial.html
Second Week of July
11. Illustrations of Success of Scientific Management - Bicycle Balls Inspection Example
12. Scientific Management in Machine Shop
13. Development of Science in Mechanic Arts
14. Study of Motives of Men
15. Scientific management in its essence
16. Role of Top Management in Implementing Scientific Management
17. Scientific Management Summarized
18. Harrington Emerson - A Pioneer Industrial Engineer
19. The Twelve Principles of Efficiency - Part 1
20. The Twelve Principles of Efficiency - Part 2