Engineer - Design To ValueGeorgia-Pacific LLC
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
Engineer - Design to Value
This engineering role will have the opportunity to develop and lead initiatives for Georgia Pacific’s motion activated enMotion® dispensers as well as other innovative products. This position will be located in the iNNOVATION institute ® located in Neenah, Wisconsin. The iNNOVATION institute is the center for research and development for many market leading brands including Dixie®, Angel Soft®, Quilted Northern® and Brawny®. Neenah is conveniently located between Oshkosh and Appleton in the Fox Valley.
• Identify, solutions, and lead the implementation of opportunities for customer value creation and total cost reduction.
• Develop and implement injection molded plastic strategies.
• Manage external and internal design, development, and testing resources.
• Lead a cross functional team to define scope of work including safety, quality, performance, and cost requirements and validates that they are met.
• Create and manage a detailed project schedule including engineering development, tooling, and product launch activities.
• Bachelor or higher degree in engineering
• Minimum 5 years of experience developing and/or producing consumer products. (E.g. small appliances, medical devices, etc.)
• Available to travel up to 10%, including occasional international travel
• Master of Business Administration, MBA
• Project management certification, PMI PMP
• Working knowledge of commercialization processes (concept generation through manufacturing)
• Understands financial modeling and value analysis
Knowledge - Skills - Abilities:
• Ability to work on cross-functional teams located in different locations
• Build relationships with key internal and external partners on technical development objectives
• Lead in a cross-functional team environment to develop and document project scope.
• Play a lead role in process disruption troubleshooting, with a particular eye toward systematic improvements
• Experience with Solid Works CAD development software
• Experience with plastic injection molding, thermoforming and metal component development and manufacturing processes
• Experience with electro-mechanical device assembly processes
• Experience with product lifecycle cost analysis including material, manufacturing costs, assembly costs, logistics costs, packaging costs, etc.
• Foster a culture of innovation that motivates and inspires the organization to achieve technology and commercial results. Reduce time to market of product revisions
• Experience with FMEA, finite element analysis, kinematics, and other electronic risk assessment or design validation tools
• Strong focus on product quality and customer satisfaction
• Assist in the root cause analysis of Quality Complaints
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the proven ability to interact with all levels of management
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.