Friday, December 25, 2020

Performance Evaluation of Computer Systems

 


https://nptel.ac.in/courses/106/106/106106048/



1. Raj Jain,"The Art of Computer Systems Performance Analysis: Techniques for Experimental Design, Measurement, Simulation, and Modeling", Wiley- Interscience, 1991. 


2. K.S. Trivedi,"Probability and Statistics with Reliability, Queueing and Computer Science Applications", John Wiley and Sons, 2001.



Modules / Lectures

Performance Evaluation of Computer Systems

Introduction to performance evaluation of computer systems

How to avoid common mistakes

Selection of techniques and metrics

Case study: Selection of techniques and metrics

Random Variables and probability distributions

Probability distributions-I

Probability distributions-II

Probability distributions-III

Stochastic process

Markov Chain

Slotted Aloha protocol model and discrete-time birth death process

Continuous time Markov chain and queuing theory-I

Queuing theory – I (Continued)

Queuing theory-II

Queuing theory-III

Queuing theory-IV

Queuing theory-V

Queuing theory-VI

Queuing networks-I

Queuing networks-II

Slotted Aloha Markov model

Simulations-I

Simulations-II

Simulations-III

Operational laws-I

Operational laws-II

Open and closed queuing networks

Approximate MVA

Convolution algorithm-I

Convolution algorithm-II

Load-dependent service centers

Hierarchical decomposition

Balanced Job Bounds

Confidence interval for propotions and introduction to experimental design

2k factorial design

2k r factorial design and 2k-p fractional factorial design

Programming aspects of discrete-event simulations-I

Programming aspects of discrete-event simulations-II

Discrete-event simulations-III

PetriNets-I

PetriNets-II

PetriNets-III


No comments:

Post a Comment