Industrial Engineering in All Branches of Engineering - Principle of Industrial Engineering
Process Industrial Engineering
Process Industrial Engineering is Industrial engineering carried on processes to do productivity improvement
Method, operation, process, task etc. are used in the context of improving production and engineering activities in organizations. The term "Method" was popularized by method study and methods engineering subjects. The term process was popularized by Gilbreth when he developed process charts. In the process chart, operation is one of the activities. Task was used by Taylor. Process seems to be more popular terminology now as process planning, process orientation and process mapping became popular terms. Industrial engineering carried on processes to do productivity improvement and reduce cost is termed as process industrial engineering. Product industrial engineering and process industrial engineering, redesign of products and processes for productivity improvement and cost reduction are the core engineering activities in industrial engineering.
Process Industrial Engineering - Methods and Techniques
- Identifying, Analyzing and Installing High Productivity Equipment and Machines
- Identifying, Analyzing and Utilizing High Productivity Special Processes
- Developing special purpose machines
- Installing accessories for productivity improvement
- Using Jigs and Fixtures
- Using more productive tools -
- Using new lubricants
- Using new cutting fluids
- Cutting parameters optimization
- Process parameters optimization - Six Sigma - Tolerances
- Assembly line balancing - Redesign of work stations to facilitate balanced load on work stations and matching the line to tact time.
- Poka Yoke
- Method Study
- Digital Transformation of Processes
- Machine Work Study
- Operation Analysis
- Process Analysis
- Electric power consumption analysis and reduction
- Predictive maintenance
- Preventive maintenance https://www.emaint.com/works/optimize-preventive-maintenance/
- Total Productive Maintenance
- OEE improvement https://www.oee.com/improve-oee.html
- Lean Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Cost Policy Deployment (MCPD)
- Six Sigma
- Equipment Replacement Study and Decision
The Function of Methods Efficiency Engineering
Methods efficiency engineering may be applied with equal success to repetitive work or to jobbing work, to simple, easily understood operations or to complex, specialized jobs. It is applicable to all man machine systems, manual work or automated work.
Explanation of the Term "Methods efficiency engineering."
The term " Methods efficiency engineering" is of comparatively recent origin (in the year 1938).
When trained methods efficiency engineer brings to his job an extensive knowledge of fundamental waste-eliminating practices, every body will recognize its utility in the organization.
Development of Methods efficiency engineering - History
Rate Setting History
Taylor's Pioneering Efforts in Methods Improvement
Methods Efficiency Engineering
Economic Function of Methods efficiency engineering
Methods efficiency engineering and Shop Supervisors
Adopted based on the first chapter of Maynard's Operation Analysis
Updated on 5 June 2019 16 May 2019
Revision made on 23 Nov 2013
Revision made on 16 Feb 2014, 11 April 2015, 5 May 2019 (Further rewriting to be done)
Full Knol Book - Method Study: Methods Efficiency Engineering - Knol Book
Next Article - Process Analysis and Operation Analysis - Methods Efficiency Engineering