Sunday, July 12, 2020

Industrial Engineering Practice in Top Global Manufacturing Companies - A to Z Challenge Reflection




Added on 12 July 2020

For this year, when I chose the theme, I felt it is a powerful theme. Now I created an online course based on that momentum. My blogging theme this year is industrial engineering. I am converting challenge posts into posts for online course. Writing more. See this global press coverage through a press release,

Industrial Engineering Knowledge Center is Offering IE Free Online Course to Global Learners and Professionals

https://www.einpresswire.com/article/521450173/industrial-engineering-knowledge-center-is-offering-ie-free-online-course-to-global-learners-and-professionals.

Thank you all All A to Z Bloggers and Organizers. The event and interaction with you helped to me focus on the topic for around two months.




3 May 2020

Happy to be part of A to Z Challenge Blogging event this year in 2020. Enjoying connecting with bloggers in various parts of the world.

Congratulations to all participants and especially those that made all the posts for successful A to Z Blogging. I started my blog reading with a post on Marathon that impressed me and informed. I ran a half marathon based on it. And then I got into blog marathons. Created knowledge bases in various subjects. Industrial Engineering blog is special. It allowed me to develop, publish and promote many new ideas in the discipline. It also allowed me to know the response and that motivated me further. I would say I received blessings from persons from every country in the world for my effort to clarify the purpose of industrial engineering. I hope the society will have more goods and services to consume because of successful practice of industrial engineering.

This time I hope, Industrial engineering will be more familiar to A to Z bloggers.
What is Industrial Engineering? What is its Practice in Top Global Manufacturing Companies?
https://nraoiekc.blogspot.com/2020/03/industrial-engineering-in-top-global.html


What industrial engineers do? They continuously strive to reduce the cost of items that people love to use and thus increase its affordability to more and more people.

The summary of the series so far is here:

Industrial engineers are employed and productivity improvement and cost reduction are practiced in many companies using Industrial engineering philosophy, principles, methods, techniques and tools.


What is Industrial Engineering? 

Productivity Improvement - Continuous Improvement - Cost Reduction - Process Improvement - Product Redesign 


Industrial Engineering Activities in Companies


Industrial Engineer Designation Used.

Apple - BMW - Coca-Cola - Enel - Ford - GE - Honda - Kia Motors - Otis - Renault

Productivity Improvement 

Continuous Improvement 


Cost Reduction


Process Improvement - Process Industrial Engineering


 Apple - BMW - Ford - GSK - GE - Intel - Johnson & Johnson - Lockheed Martin - P&G

Product Redesign - Product Industrial Engineering

Value Engineering is the main method used for product industrial engineering. Design for manufacture and assembly is another method. Design for value is a new variant. Value management is a variant of value engineering. Variety reduction is a traditional technique still used for a big benefit.

Supply Chain Cost Reduction - Supply Chain Industrial Engineering

Human Effort Industrial Engineering


BMW 


How many industrial engineers can be employed in a company in productivity improvement/cost reduction activities?

For each 100 million dollars cost of production, there can be one MS IE and 6 BSIEs.

The articles in this blogging event got appreciation from professional industrial engineers. I intend to write on more companies and also to update the current posts.


I visited 150 blogs so far in the last 3 days. I plan to visit all the blogs this year as part of Road Trip. Good to connect with all the A to Z bloggers at least once by reading their post. No doubt I read some blogs more times.

https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com  About Switzerland

https://nydamprintsblackandwhite.blogspot.com  - A comment on my blog on 1 May made me take up visiting 130 blog visits as the target.

https://slogansmith.blogspot.com/?view=classic - Marketing and branding  It is a subject in which I wrote number of Number 1 articles on Google search for some days. So learning more is good for me.

I have a text doc with all the blog links and a note on contents of the blog to revisit some of them and enjoy their poems or advice.

My popular online book on industrial engineering - Free reading and download of each essay.


Online Handbook of Industrial Engineering


A good thing that happened due to participation in this blogging event. My video got many views. It will touch important milestone of 5000 views this month.

___________________

___________________



Look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Updated on 12 July 2020, 3 May 2020.


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing A-Z 2020!
    You must have put an incredible amount of time and effort into your elaborate posts.

    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2020/05/a-z-2020-switzerland-reflection-post.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the appreciative comment. The effort and structure of posts will be useful for many days.

      Delete
  2. No doubt professional industrial engineers appreciate your content, your posts are well documented.
    #AtoZchallenge Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to say thank you for stopping by my blog.

    And Congratulations on finishing the A-Z challenge.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Engineering is not my subject at all but I can see that your have researched extensively for your posts! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Distance Pathshala provides all UG/PG/DIPLOMA courses in distance/online education through India top universities.

    best bba distance education in india,best distance bba colleges in india

    ReplyDelete