Value Engineering of Gachsaran Underpass Project in Iran
Paper of 2013
Value Engineering in EPA funded Projects - 1990 guideline
1990 Document link
Value Engineering in EPA funded Projects - Case Studies and Formats 1976
Link to the document in EPA site
Value Engineering in Buildings, Highways, Utility Plants
- The National Highway Systems (NHS) Act of 1995 included a VE mandate directing the U.S. Secretary of Transportation to develop a program requiring state departments of transportation to conduct a VE analysis for projects on the NHS costing $25 million or more.
- In 1997, 23 CFR Part 627—Value Engineering introduced the requirement that VE be applied to all federal -aid highway projects on the NHS with a value of $25 million or more ($20 million on Major Bridge projects).
- Title 23 USC § 106(e) and (g), as amended.
- FHWA’s Federal-Aid Policy Guide September 8, 1998, Transmittal 24.
- The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials’ (AASHTO’s) 2001 publication AASHTO Guidelines for Value Engineering, 2nd Edition.
Updated 22 July 2017, 16 March 2012